Church of St Gregory the Great, Morville
Our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Jane Hadwell 07725 946756
The Diocesan Safeguarding Officer is Mandy McPhee 07875757396 or new 07999020876 (email email@example.com)
The full Church of England Safeguarding policy, which Morville PCC has adopted, can be viewed here.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THAT SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS AT RISK OF, OR IS BEING ABUSED, OR PRESENTS A RISK TO OTHERS, PLEASE SEEK ADVICE FROM A SAFEGUARDING ADVISER, OR IF NECESSARY, REPORT THE MATTER TO YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITY SOCIAL CARE SERVICES OR THE POLICE WITHOUT DELAY.
POLICE - 999
SHROPSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
- CHILD OR ADULT CONCERN – 0345 678 9021 (WEEK DAY OFFICE HOURS)
- EMERGENCY DUTY TEAM – 0345 678 9040 (AFTER 5 PM, WEEKENDS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY)
TELFORD AND WREKIN COUNTY COUNCIL – FAMILY CONNECT
- CHILD OR ADULT CONCERN – 01952 385385 (WEEK DAY OFFICE HOURS)
- EMERGENCY DUTY TEAM – 01952 676500 (AFTER 5PM, WEEKENDS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
CHILD LINE (HELP LINE FOR CHILDREN): 0800 11 11
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HELPLINE: 0808 2000 247
ACTION ON ELDER ABUSE: 0808 808 8141